[KX3] [OT] Account of DJ6SI's arrest and maltreatment in Greece for ham operation

[KX3] [OT] Account of DJ6SI's arrest and maltreatment in Greece for ham operation

Don Putnick-2
Sounds like someone in the Greek legal system really knows his amateur radios. The FT-890AT can be configured to be fully functional (transmit as well as receive) outside amateur radio bands by a simple menu operation. No hardware mods required. So when traveling internationally, don't just be satisfied with licensing; check their equipment laws as well.

Don NA6Z

Re: [KX3] [OT] Account of DJ6SI's arrest and maltreatment in Greece for ham operation

David Cutter
I think it's Thailand where they inspect the radio at the port of entry
and will not allow it in if does not comply.  I think most modern
amateur radio transceivers do not comply.

David
G3UNA