KX3 Pedestrian Mobile

WD6DBM
Has any thought been given to providing a neck strap slot or something similar so the KX3 can be used pedestrian mobile?

Also nifty would be some screw holes in the case to which a small antenna whip mount could be attached for this kind of operation using the internal ATU.

I have not stopped drooling since the announcement!  :-)

73

Eric WD6DBM

Sent from my &$@!? iPhone

Re: KX3 Pedestrian Mobile

John Ragle
...and I want a mount for my walker! Also,  a fox-tail for my
screwdriver antenna on the walker. It should say Ele-gramps...

John Ragle -- W1ZI

=====

On 5/22/2011 2:25 PM, Eric wrote:
> Has any thought been given to providing a neck strap slot or something similar so the KX3 can be used pedestrian mobile?
>
> Also nifty would be some screw holes in the case to which a small antenna whip mount could be attached for this kind of operation using the internal ATU.
>
> I have not stopped drooling since the announcement!  :-)
>
> 73
>
> Eric WD6DBM

Re: KX3 Pedestrian Mobile

Bill K9YEQ
I would think a neck strap used on an RC transmitter should do a job to
remove some of the weight.   I the meantime, I expect to start lifting 1
quart milk jugs to strengthen my grip and strength. The 17 meter antenna
can't wait to get its new home on the KX3. :-)

73,
Bill
K9YEQ

On 5/22/2011 2:25 PM, Eric wrote:
> Has any thought been given to providing a neck strap slot or something
similar so the KX3 can be used pedestrian mobile?

> Also nifty would be some screw holes in the case to which a small antenna
whip mount could be attached for this kind of operation using the internal
ATU.

> I have not stopped drooling since the announcement!  :-)
>
> 73
>
> Eric WD6DBM

Re: KX3 Pedestrian Mobile

Paul Saffren N6HZ
Remember those watch bands from the 70's?  We built up a scale model in the shop and it fits perfectly on one's forearm.

paul

Re: KX3 Pedestrian Mobile

Julian, G4ILO
Paul Saffren N6HZ wrote
Remember those watch bands from the 70's?  We built up a scale model in the shop and it fits perfectly on one's forearm.

paul
At last, I get to be Dick Tracy!
Julian, G4ILO. K2 #392  K3 #222 KX3 #110
* G4ILO's Shack - http://www.g4ilo.com
* KComm - http://www.g4ilo.com/kcomm.html
* KTune - http://www.g4ilo.com/ktune.html