KX3 - Range of integration with P3 (initial version)?

KX3 - Range of integration with P3 (initial version)?

Edward R Cole
Although the KX3 cannot be interfaced with the P3 (no IF to connect
with), it will have baseband to "any" computer soundcard for running
various SDR sw which often offer panadaptor screens.  It should be
compatible with such sw as Spectran, Spectrogram, JTspectra, etc.  I
will try it with Spectravue (which I currently use with both my
SDR-IQ and LP-Pan).  Many SDR programs offer the option to I/F with a
soundcard and that will make them compatible to take baseband output
from the KX3.  What is still unknown is control of the KX3 via computer.

There is an "empty space" waiting to be filled by a KX3 in my
shack.  I already have a converted transverter waiting to run 2m with
it (I'm using it with the K3 for now).  Extra audio cables for
connection to the emu0202.  Blank connections on the 12vdc power strip.

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45

Re: KX3 - Range of integration with P3 (initial version)?

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
Not so. We also plan to offer a small IQ to P3 adapter for the KX3, which will give users full P3 operation with the KX3.

Stay tuned!

73,
Eric

www.elecraft.com

"Edward R. Cole" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Although the KX3 cannot be interfaced with the P3 (no IF to connect
>with), it will have baseband to "any" computer soundcard for running
>various SDR sw which often offer panadaptor screens.  It should be
>compatible with such sw as Spectran, Spectrogram, JTspectra, etc.  I
>will try it with Spectravue (which I currently use with both my
>SDR-IQ and LP-Pan).  Many SDR programs offer the option to I/F with a
>soundcard and that will make them compatible to take baseband output
>from the KX3.  What is still unknown is control of the KX3 via computer.
>
>There is an "empty space" waiting to be filled by a KX3 in my
>shack.  I already have a converted transverter waiting to run 2m with
>it (I'm using it with the K3 for now).  Extra audio cables for
>connection to the emu0202.  Blank connections on the 12vdc power strip.
>

>73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45
>Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: KX3 - Range of integration with P3 (initial version)?

Bruce Beford-2
Excellent. This is a logical step.
I was already halfway through designing my own. Now I don't have to.
Thanks,
Bruce, N1RX

>  We also plan to offer a small IQ to P3 adapter for the KX3, which will
> give users full P3 operation with the KX3.

> Stay tuned!

> 73,
> Eric

Re: KX3 - Range of integration with P3 (initial version)?

k.igor

> Eric:
> Not so. We also plan to offer a small IQ to P3 adapter for the KX3, which
will give users full P3 operation with the KX3.
Eric,
Can you elaborate on this?
Does that mean P3 will have analog I/Q inputs that will be digitized in the
adapter?
Thanks,
Igor, N1YX