KX3 + THP-50B

Nr4c
Hi gang...

Well, I've had it for two weeks now.  And I really like this little radio.
Today I worked an F1 station on 5W portable on 20M CW.  He came back to me
right away.  The antenna was about 28 ft of RS 22 awg speaker wire, one wire
over a tree limb, the other laying on the ground.

I also worked s couple of "13 Colonies" stations so far this weekend.

But, the real 'hot' item is the Tokyo High Power 50B amplifier.  This is a
sweetheart.  I made up the keying cable from the KX3 to the amp, and am
using an old LDG AT11-MP autotuner to my 300 ft horizontal (mostly) loop.
It tunes up well, and puts out good power on SSB and CW.  I've only had it
on the air a few times, but it seems to be very well behaved.  Best
operation comes by putting KX3 ATU in "BYPASS", turn off the amp and press
the "TUNE" button outputting 3.0W.  Press the 'tune' button on the LDG. Now
turn off the KX3 "TUNE" function, and turn on the amp.  That's all there is
to it.  The KX3 will "light up" all 5 LEDs on the THP amp with a little less
than 5 Watts.

'73'

...bill  nr4c