KX3 Web Page and Data Sheet now up

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
See:
http://www.elecraft.com/KX3/kx3.htm

73, Eric  WA6HHQ

--

http://www.elecraft.com

Re: KX3 Web Page and Data Sheet now up

Jim Low man
Any preliminary receiver specs?  Even anecdotal information, such as
"better than the K2 but not as good as the K3" would be great.

72/73 de Jim - AD6CW

On 5/26/2011 12:12 PM, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:
> See:
> http://www.elecraft.com/KX3/kx3.htm
>
> 73, Eric  WA6HHQ

Re: KX3 Web Page and Data Sheet now up

Don Wilhelm-4
  Jim,

I believe that is a pre-mature question.  There are only 3 prototype
KX3s in the world today.  That information will come later.

Yes, I believe that it will be better than the K2, but not quite as good
as the K3, but that all depends on which parameters you will be looking
at - it has more function than the K2, and not quite as much as the K3.
Receiver specs will be forthcoming when they are available.

On 5/26/2011 8:49 PM, Jim Lowman wrote:
> Any preliminary receiver specs?  Even anecdotal information, such as
> "better than the K2 but not as good as the K3" would be great.

Re: KX3 Web Page and Data Sheet now up

Tony Estep
On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Jim Lowman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Any preliminary receiver specs?  Even anecdotal information, such as
> "better than the K2 but not as good as the K3" would be great.
>

> Early in the game, Wayne mentioned  (IIRC) that the receiver would be
"about as good as a Flex-3000" or some similar phrase. I have a K2, a K3,
and a Flex 1500, so I would interpret that statement to mean about what you
said: better than a K2 but not as good as a K3.

73,
Tony KT0NY

Re: KX3 Web Page and Data Sheet now up

k6dgw
What ever happened to "patience" in our society?  For pete's sake,
they're working on it, folks!  It's hard, I've been there, Design
Engineers come up with some great stuff, Manufacturing Engineers work to
build it, Engineers, Marketing, and Accountants try hard to figure out
what will make money, how much it will cost, now and into the future.
Hey, no money, no product.

The first time I gave our Mech. E. the board destined for an off-road
vehicle application to put in his "Shake and Bake, it blew every single
capacitor off the board.  Nice design, not buildable, not all 0.01uf
capacitors are created equal.

And then there's the issues of component availability once you've gotten
them to stay on the board.  And quality ... components are manufactured
all over this planet.  It sometimes matters where they come from.

Don is right, a lot of what is cluttering up the list is premature.  I'm
sure the E-Folks read this list and log a lot of ideas, concerns, and
work to incorporate them into designs and upgrades.  Take five minutes
and think of three of those that have already happened for your K3 or K2.

Just because light travels at 299,792,458 meters/second for our
computers and the electronic stuff in the pockets of our cargo shorts
doesn't mean that engineering moves at that speed too.  We all like
Elecraft.  Could we all give them just a little space?

73, and patient,

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA
On 5/26/2011 5:55 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:

> I believe that is a pre-mature question.  There are only 3 prototype
> KX3s in the world today.  That information will come later.

Re: KX3 Web Page and Data Sheet now up

ac0h
You are right of course.

Although, in a certain sense the feeding frenzy is entertaining.
Some of the "design changes" I've seen posted by the armchair engineers
since last Thursday just made me sit back a say.......WHAT!?!?!?

There are three prototypes on the planet and Elecraft are supposed to
know exactly what's it's going to cost shipped to your door six months
before a very soft shipping date? C'mon guys/gals!

I'd be surprised if they have parts to build five more on hand and we
know there will be changes to the board/parts/firmware during beta test.

On Thu, 26 May 2011 18:23:55 -0700
Fred Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What ever happened to "patience" in our society?  For pete's sake,
> they're working on it, folks!

> Don is right, a lot of what is cluttering up the list is premature.

> Just because light travels at 299,792,458 meters/second for our
> computers and the electronic stuff in the pockets of our cargo shorts
> doesn't mean that engineering moves at that speed too.  We all like
> Elecraft.  Could we all give them just a little space?
>
> 73, and patient,
>
> Fred K6DGW
> Auburn CA
> On 5/26/2011 5:55 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H

Re: KX3 Web Page and Data Sheet now up

w0mu
Thanks!

Any thoughts on having a 200w amp available.  I would be looking to use
the KX3 mobile and an extra 100 watts helps.