KX3 and 60 meters

john-3

I haVE BEEN ON THE LIST FOR A KX3 for 3 days 29 minutes and 53 seconds. But whose counting. Anyway, I have
been reading the manual and I haVE SEEN ANYTHING bout 60 Meters. I am woindering if it will actually work there or not and how the channelization is handled. I suppose write it to memories.

73, John NS5Z

Bossier City, Louisiana
EM-32, QRP-ARCI, G-QRP, ARRL, RSGB

Re: KX3 and 60 meters

Holger Schurig-2
The KX3 can send and receive on any frequency, not only on HAM
frequencies. As always, it's the responsibility of the operator to
stay the legal, frequency-wise, power-wise and bandwidth-wise.

The rig doesn't have some way of chanellizing. You have either to
setup the exact frequency (and make sure no RIT is on ...). Or you can
use some of the memories.

Re: KX3 and 60 meters

mzilmer
60m works fine on the KX3.  If you give each 60m memory a name starting with '*' (asterisk), then adjusting VFO A will allow choosing from the five channels directly.  Be sure to put CW  at the channel center frequencies, if you  intend to use CW that is.

Matt Zilmer
KX3 #6, F/T

Re: KX3 and 60 meters

John,

Certainly the KX3 will transmit on 60 meters.  Where it transmits is up
to the operator and his license class.

Look at "Channel hopping" and you can find how to channelize your KX3 on
60 meters or any other band where that is helpful.

On 8/17/2012 11:24 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> I haVE BEEN ON THE LIST FOR A KX3 for 3 days 29 minutes and 53 seconds. But whose counting. Anyway, I have
> been reading the manual and I haVE SEEN ANYTHING bout 60 Meters. I am woindering if it will actually work there or not and how the channelization is handled. I suppose write it to memories.
>

> 73, John NS5Z
>
> Bossier City, Louisiana
> EM-32, QRP-ARCI, G-QRP, ARRL, RSGB

Re: KX3 and 60 meters

k6dgw
On 8/17/2012 8:59 AM, Matthew Zilmer wrote:

> Be sure to put CW  at the
> channel center frequencies, if you  intend to use CW that is.

Likewise if you're going to run PSK31.  The FCC calls it "RTTY" but the
emission designator is too narrow for 170Hz shift RTTY.  The basic rule
on 60m is, "One QSO at a time per channel."

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
- www.cqp.org