KX3 and KAT500

Ron Gould
Is there an update on when one could expect to get a KX3 if ordered now or Monday since Elecraft is currently closed?  Any word on when orders may be accepted for the KAT500 and its price?  Seems these dates have slipped a lot from what I last heard while at Dayton last May.  Seems I heard a tentative date of December for KX3 and September/October for the KAT500.  I wonder if Kenwood, Yaesu, Icom, or Ten Tec have tentative delivery dates for any of their products like this, not that I'm getting ready to order from them?

Re: KX3 and KAT500

Bruce Beford-2
Ron-
Based on statements made at the latest hamfests, and on there being probably
WELL OVER 1000 people ahead of you who have already ordered- I think if you
ordered today you could be looking at 3 months before you see your KX3.

As for the KAT500, latest word was another PC board remake to reduce stray
capacitances, and field trials in the next few weeks. Could be a similar
wait to the KX3 for production shipments to begin. I am sure there is a lot
of pent-up demand for the KAT500 as well- expect that queue to fill quickly
once orders are taken.

73,
Bruce, N1RX
Elecraft builder, user and observer...

> Is there an update on when one could expect to get a KX3 if ordered now or
> Monday since Elecraft is currently closed?

Re: KX3 and KAT500

Keith Heimbold
When I spoke to Eric at the Yuma hamfest two weeks ago today, I asked if my KX3 would be in my hands for my wife's and my babymoon to Aruba next month around the 6th of April. He said not likely.

I ordered mine on New Year's day from what I recall.  Took me a couple days after it was made available for order  to decide if I wanted barebones or fully loaded KX3.  I ended up getting a loaded one. I am so excited and am also wondering when that bad boy will grace my presence.

Keith
AG6AZ

Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos