KX3 and NaP3

Barry K3NDM
Now that Field Day is over, I've had a chance to play with my KX3. I
have NaP3 running with my KX3 and using an E-MU 0202 sound card with my
laptop. It's a real WOW! I have a panadapter, effectively, and I can
play with the PowerSDR filters that are a part of NaP3. NaP3 follows my
tuning of the KX3 or I can click on a signal and have the KX3 move to
it. It is a really useful adjunct to the overall capability. The only
thing I've had a problem with is the IF offsets. They are different for
each mode, and not by a little. Unfortunately, NaP3 doesn't remember the
offsets by mode. However, I still like the match up and suggest KX3
owners have a go at trying this. The offset issue can be addressed by
noting them and putting them in manually, at least for the time being.
Having the receiver I/Q available seems to have proved a seriously good
idea.

73,
Barry
K3NDM

Re: KX3 and NaP3

Igor Sokolov-2
Barry,
I am using KX3 +NaP3+LP bridge + TR4W logger and have no issues with the
offset. Na3P allows one to set different offset for different modes but I
use only global offset of 8000Hz and it works for me at least on CW and SSB
with no problems.

73, Igor UA9CDC

> Now that Field Day is over, I've had a chance to play with my KX3. I
> have NaP3 running with my KX3 and using an E-MU 0202 sound card with my
> laptop. It's a real WOW! I have a panadapter, effectively, and I can
> play with the PowerSDR filters that are a part of NaP3. NaP3 follows my
> tuning of the KX3 or I can click on a signal and have the KX3 move to
> it. It is a really useful adjunct to the overall capability. The only
> thing I've had a problem with is the IF offsets. They are different for
> each mode, and not by a little. Unfortunately, NaP3 doesn't remember the
> offsets by mode. However, I still like the match up and suggest KX3
> owners have a go at trying this. The offset issue can be addressed by
> noting them and putting them in manually, at least for the time being.
> Having the receiver I/Q available seems to have proved a seriously good
> idea.
>
> 73,
> Barry
> K3NDM

Re: KX3 and NaP3

Barry K3NDM
Igor,
      I'm only using the global offset. To be honest, I have only 12
hours experience with my lash up. Getting it all to play nicely on
Windows 7 was a challenge. I first needed to find a Win7 driver for my
sound card, and there were a few idiocies with my laptop. But, it works
know, and other than the offset issue, it really is nice. I'll fix the
offset problem and function correctly. It is good to read that there is
someone else to likes to play.:-)

73,
Barry
K3NDM

On 6/28/2012 3:06 PM, Igor Sokolov wrote:

> Barry,
> I am using KX3 +NaP3+LP bridge + TR4W logger and have no issues with
> the offset. Na3P allows one to set different offset for different
> modes but I use only global offset of 8000Hz and it works for me at
> least on CW and SSB with no problems.
>
> 73, Igor UA9CDC
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry LaZar" <[hidden email]>

Re: KX3 and NaP3

KC9EE
I found I had to set the RX offset to 8000 in the KX3 menu for each band. Then I adjusted the global offset for each band also. The global being only a minor adjustment but it did seem to be band specific. Once adjusted it works very well. I have it running on both  W7 and  W8 machines.
One of the biggest advantages for me is that even my laptop has better audio than my KX3 if I'm trying to use the little built in speaker.
KC9EE

Re: KX3 and NaP3

KC9EE
Sorry, mis spoke. I set the global offset to 8000 and made band specific adjustments on the seperate rx offsets by mode. Sometimes no adjustment required.
KC9EE