KX3 and powerful SSB

Ignacy
My KX3 came yesterday. I used a small, extremely bassy, computer microphone. Used TX eq to cut basses and boost 1.6k and 2.4k. Used speech processing of 10 and 20. Very nice output when monitored on K3; the monitor of KX3 sounded different (too sharp).

Worked a number of Europeans. Max speech processing (30) seemed to generated the best reports.

I will do more tests but most likely KX3 excels as SSB radio. Also any mic works. PTT not much needed as VOX is there and manual PTT too.

I will do more tests today. It seems that 10W in KX3 may be as good as 50W in radios without good processor/equalizer.

Ignacy, NO9E