KX3 battery life question...

Edward R Cole
I broke the "news" about my interest in getting a KX3 to my CFO and
financial planner (the XYL), today.  I explained the no net increase
in debt theory (I sell some old stuff the be able to buy new
stuff)...not sleeping outside with the dogs, so guess all is well.

I will be interested in the internal 2m transverter without ATU, but
I can wait awhile for the 2m transverter to be introduced.  I would
guess the intended primary use of the KX3 is as a full-featured HF
QRP rig and it makes sense to have the ATU offered with it.

I have two alternative plans to provide 2m:  buy a cheap 2m HT and/or
use my existing 144-28 transverter bought for mw interface.  But
ultimately having the embedded 2m unit in the KX3 will provide me the
"cleanest" portable rig.  So I will add the internal 2m transverter
when it is offered.

I will be thinking about quick install concepts for having the KX3 in
the shack or as a mobile.  Should only take one-minute to install
either location.  I can also see it used as a 2m hand portable rig
with the internal battery.

It appears Elecraft is listening to what all us are wanting and
trying to give us a versatile little rig.  I hope the order backlog
is not too long.

73, Ed - KL7UW, WD2XSH/45

Re: KX3 battery life question...

Rick Tavan N6XI