KX3 current

k.igor
Wayne,

Is the 150mA RX current of KX3 is with the LCD display on and some level
backlight active? What if there could be option to the display go to "sleep"
if no knobs are touched for some time? Kind of like screen saving mode.
Could that be considered? I bet the display takes considerable current draw
out of KX3 budget. I wander if you have figured the budget, I.e. how much
each stage draws.

Thanks,

Igor, N1YX

Re: KX3 current

wayne burdick
Administrator
Hi Igor,

The 150 mA target is with the backlight off. It's a transflective
display, so it's highly visible even with no backlight, except at
night. But we'll have a low setting of the backlight that adds very
little current drain -- maybe 10 mA.

The LCD itself, and its controller, draw almost no power, so turning
the display completely off wouldn't buy anything.

However, we'll be looking at various ways to cut current drain and
will explain them in the owner's manual, as we did for the K2.

73,
Wayne
N6KR