KX3 firmware: Vers 1.12

bill.va3ol
I notice that if you have the RIT on and then hit spot that only the rcvr
goes to zero beat; while my K3 with the RIT on and spot is used moves both
transmit and rcvr frequencies. Is this a bug or intended?

Bill, VA3OL

Re: KX3 firmware: Vers 1.12

wayne burdick
Administrator
This feature was added to the KX3 but not the K3 (yet). It's on my list.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Aug 15, 2012, at 9:49 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I notice that if you have the RIT on and then hit spot that only the
> rcvr
> goes to zero beat; while my K3 with the RIT on and spot is used
> moves both
> transmit and rcvr frequencies. Is this a bug or intended?
>
> Bill, VA3OL

Re: KX3 firmware: Vers 1.12

Thomas Horsten
That is a brilliant and intuitive feature, look forward to seeing it on the
K3 as well! In the normal scenario when calling CQ and you get an
off-center response, you've had to adjust RIT manually if you wanted to
keep your calling frequency (or alternatively, tap A->B, then SPOT, then
engage SPLIT).

Now it's as simple as enabling RIT and hitting SPOT. Spot on, Wayne :)

73, Thomas M0TRN

On 15 August 2012 18:21, Wayne Burdick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This feature was added to the KX3 but not the K3 (yet). It's on my list.

Re: KX3 firmware: Vers 1.12

KENT TRIMBLE
Bill . . .

You will also notice that if you have the VFO locked, the RIT is also
automatically locked which defeats the whole idea of RIT which is to
allow receiver excursions without changing the transmit frequency.

I pointed this out to Wayne last week who expressed surprise that it
hadn't been reported sooner.

It likewise "is on the list."

73,

Kent  K9ZTV
S/N 021

On 8/15/2012 11:49 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> I notice that if you have the RIT on and then hit spot that only the rcvr
> goes to zero beat; while my K3 with the RIT on and spot is used moves both
> transmit and rcvr frequencies. Is this a bug or intended?
>
> Bill, VA3OL

Re: KX3 firmware: Vers 1.12

Lu Romero - W4LT
Wayne, et. al.

When this is implemented in a new firmware release, will it
be able to be turned on and off in the menu configuration?
I personally like that the TX "matches" to zero beat when
using SPOT, but I can see why some would like it not to
behave that way.

Lu - W4LT
K3, P3, K1

======================

Message: 10
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:21:42 -0700
From: Wayne Burdick <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KX3 firmware: Vers 1.12
To: [hidden email]
Cc: elecraft list <[hidden email]>
delsp=yes

This feature was added to the KX3 but not the K3 (yet). It's
on my list.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Aug 15, 2012, at 9:49 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I notice that if you have the RIT on and then hit spot
that only the
> rcvr
> goes to zero beat; while my K3 with the RIT on and spot is
used
> moves both
> transmit and rcvr frequencies. Is this a bug or intended?
>
> Bill, VA3OL

Re: KX3 firmware: Vers 1.12

Oliver Dröse
Hi Lu,

if you want zero beat for RX and TX then simply turn off the RIT with the
new feature (when implemented in K3 firmware like on the KX3) and everything
will be fine (otherwise you would not be zero beat anyway). No need for a
menu option. ;-)

73, Olli - DH8BQA

> When this is implemented in a new firmware release, will it
> be able to be turned on and off in the menu configuration?
> I personally like that the TX "matches" to zero beat when
> using SPOT, but I can see why some would like it not to
> behave that way.
>
> Lu - W4LT
> K3, P3, K1
>
> ======================
>
> Message: 10
> Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:21:42 -0700
> From: Wayne Burdick <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KX3 firmware: Vers 1.12
> To: [hidden email]
> Cc: elecraft list <[hidden email]>
> delsp=yes
>
> This feature was added to the KX3 but not the K3 (yet). It's
> on my list.
>
> 73,
> Wayne
> N6KR
>
> On Aug 15, 2012, at 9:49 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> I notice that if you have the RIT on and then hit spot
> that only the
>> rcvr
>> goes to zero beat; while my K3 with the RIT on and spot is
> used
>> moves both
>> transmit and rcvr frequencies. Is this a bug or intended?
>>
>> Bill, VA3OL

> -----
> E-Mail ist virenfrei.
> Von AVG uberpruft - www.avg.de
> Version: 2012.0.2197 / Virendatenbank: 2437/5203 - Ausgabedatum:
> 15.08.2012

Re: KX3 firmware: Vers 1.12

Lu Romero - W4LT
Ah, yes, you are correct. Duh!  That's what I get for
multitasking, reading this while doing work things.

======================

>> Message: 10
>> Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:21:42 -0700
>> From: Wayne Burdick <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KX3 firmware: Vers 1.12
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Cc: elecraft list <[hidden email]>

>> ; delsp=yes
>>
>> This feature was added to the KX3 but not the K3 (yet).
>> It's on my list.
>>
>> 73,
>> Wayne
>> N6KR
>>
>> On Aug 15, 2012, at 9:49 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>>> I notice that if you have the RIT on and then hit spot
>> that only the
>>> rcvr
>>> goes to zero beat; while my K3 with the RIT on and spot
>> is used
>>> moves both
>>> transmit and rcvr frequencies. Is this a bug or
>>>intended?
>>> Bill, VA3OL

>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]
>>
>> This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net
>> Please help support this email list:
>>http://www.qsl.net/donate.html
>>
>> -----
>> E-Mail ist virenfrei.
>> Von AVG uberpruft - www.avg.de
>> Version: 2012.0.2197 / Virendatenbank: 2437/5203 -
>> Ausgabedatum:  15.08.2012

Re: KX3 firmware: Vers 1.12

F5LCI
<quote author="wayne burdick">
This feature was added to the KX3 [...]

- Great feature, particularly when one is on the DX-side and facing a pile-up, as I happened today.
Now, no need to ask for leaving the RIT free when VFO is locked, as I had asked before.
BTW the filter is fantastic (not the APF, although it can help when receiving QRS).
72 de FO/F5LCI, enjoying this jewel all day long.

"To nobody, except those who will take pleasure here" (Franz Schubert, 1797-1828)