KX3 first impressions - well sorta

Andrew Moore-3
KX3-F arrived today (ordered Jan. 3).

In nearly 25 years of radio I've never been so excited about the arrival of
a new rig as I've been about this one.

It's really too soon to comment on its qualities and performance (I need at
least a month to get used to it, and for its character to "set in"), but I
look forward to evaluating it.

I realize that it's not a K3; it doesn't have a big K3 speaker; the add-on
paddle isn't a Begali; etc. etc... but everything in life is a tradeoff,
and I look forward to getting to know this rig within its context of a
"grab it and go" rig with what I expect is unmatched performance in its
class.

The only "first impression" I know for certain is that if I were suddenly
forced to choose one rig to live with, this would be it (I'm mostly CW
ragchews, love QRQ, some QRP contests, occasional DX, lots of monitoring, a
fair amount of portable/field ops in travel trailer).

Big thanks to the Elecrew for making this one available. I'm sure you put
more thought into its design, features, what to keep and what to ditch,
than we'll ever know.

You're doing it right.

And the rig's been on for only an hour here.

--Andrew, NV1B
..

Re: KX3 first impressions - well sorta

Bill K9YEQ