KX3 status

Joseph Trombino, Jr
Howdy Gang:

I wonder if the KX3 has progressed far enough for beta testers to be putting it through its paces???

Has anyone heard any feedback yet on the rigs performance?? (besides Waynes Field Day report-grin).

                                                73, Joe W2KJ

Re: KX3 status

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
Its not in FT yet.
Stay tuned!

73, Eric  WA6HHQ

---
www.elecraft.com

On 7/8/2011 12:14 PM, Joseph Trombino, Jr wrote:
> Howdy Gang:
>
> I wonder if the KX3 has progressed far enough for beta testers to be putting it through its paces???
>
> Has anyone heard any feedback yet on the rigs performance?? (besides Waynes Field Day report-grin).
>
> 73, Joe W2KJ

Re: KX3 status

KK7P
We have a KX3 engineering prototype getting exercised on
the air this weekend at K7S, our local QRP group's annual
Salmoncon event.  We used it yesterday to activate Little
Si as part of the Summits On The Air program and we made
several SSB and CW contacts with it.  Last night we made
several additional contacts in general operating, include
DX.

Being an engineering prototype, the radio has its warts,
but all of the several operators who have tried it out so
far are pretty enthusiastic about it...

73,

Lyle KK7P

>> Has anyone heard any feedback yet on the rigs performance?

Re: KX3 status

W7GJ, Lance
Hi Lyle,

As you develop a list of specs for it, please remember that some of us would love to
be able to use such a radio as carry-on for 6m EME DXpeditions!  Will it have a place
to plug in the K3 preamp for 6m?  Or won't it need one?  How is the noise blanker?
Will it provide a direct link to the computer (like the K3) for digital modes?  What
is the sensitivity of the radio on 6m?

Looking forward to hearing more about it as the year goes by!  In the meantime, my K3
is off to 5W for a 6m EME DXpedition next month!  TNX again and VY 73, Lance

--
Lance Collister, W7GJ
(ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ)

Interested in 6m EME?  Ask me about subscribing to the Magic Band EME
page (above)!

Re: KX3 status

Jan Holmer SM6TUW
We all are awaiting any feedback on this promising gadget!

SM6TUW