KX3

Scott McDowell-3
Hello
Well I am about to show my ignorance again which I don't really like to do, but here goes.
I don't always read all the messages on his reflector because there is getting to be too many of them.
But lately I have been seeing a lot about a KX3. Exactly what is it? Is it an add on accessory
for the K3, another stand alone transceiver, or what? I presently have a K3/100 with the ATU,
and am thinking about a K2/10 as a backup rig. If the KX3 is a stand alone transceeiver,
does it out shine the k2/10 for backup purposes, and what kind of power output does it have ?
Any info on  it willl be appreciated.
Scott n5sm
[hidden email]

Re: KX3