KXPD1 Paddle Action

Steven Pituch-3
Hi All,
I wonder if I made an assembly error when putting together my KXPD1 paddle.
Its action is very stiff.  I need to hold the radio to be able to apply
enough pressure to make the dots and dashes.  If you look at this SQ5M video
that I found on YouTube the action is very light.
http://tinyurl.com/yac6c52

I would love to have my paddle action just as light as SQ5M's.  Any
suggestions?  The springs are curved outwards and appear to be very stiff.
I notice that Figure 6 in the manaul shows a flat spring.  Could this be the
reason the action is stiffer?  I am hesitant to pull up the silver wires a
bit until I get some feedback from other users.

Thanks,
Steve Pituch, W2MY

Re: KXPD1 Paddle Action

Don Wilhelm-4
Steve,

The KXPD1 can be very sensitive.  The action will feel stiff if you are
in the habit of applying pressure to the paddles with your thumb and
finger well up onto the cover pads.  If you make contact near the outer
ends of the finger pads, the action can be very sensitive.  The outward
curving springs are usually just fine, and in many cases are not curved
out enough and make contact with no pressure at all on the pads.

If you are already pressing the paddles near the outer ends, then yes,
you can try bending the silver wires up a bit - do only a tiny bit at a
time until you get it right for you.  You can always bend the wires back
down if you go too far.