Kat100/Kpa100 in EC2

W9DHI
I just finished building a KAT100 and KPA100 in an EC2 for a friend.  This
is perhaps the best way to go if you still enjoy taking your QRP K2 out into
the field.  Bill's K2 has the KAT1 and KIO2 in the basic radio. Now when
it's on the home base, just 2 connections and it's running QRO with a QRO
tuner.  Nothing to mess with and what's really neat is that the K2
recognizes now that the KAT100 is hooked up and puts the KAT1 into a
PassThru mode (basically the POUT mode).

Wish I would have done this a couple years ago when I built mine.  It has
got to be the best thing since sliced bread.

I took pictures thru the whole building process to document this build and
it's nice to see it come together again and again on the computer.  In the
next couple days I'll post the pics to some webspace and put a link to the
pics here.

Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI, Retired
Administrator http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org
K2/100 S#3075 KX1 S# 57
Member:  ARRL, RSGB, RCA, WERA and ORC

Re: Kat100/Kpa100 in EC2

JEAN-FRANCOIS MENARD-3
I did the same last summer. And yes, this is the best way, best of both
world !!!

I would like to see your photos.... I did not took too much photos when
I did mine.... I also build another KIO to be able to connect my K2
while on the road...

73

Le 04-10-11, à 18:03, W9DHI a écrit :

> I just finished building a KAT100 and KPA100 in an EC2 for a friend.
> This
> is perhaps the best way to go if you still enjoy taking your QRP K2
> out into
> the field.  Bill's K2 has the KAT1 and KIO2 in the basic radio. Now
> when
> it's on the home base, just 2 connections and it's running QRO with a
> QRO
> tuner.  Nothing to mess with and what's really neat is that the K2
> recognizes now that the KAT100 is hooked up and puts the KAT1 into a
> PassThru mode (basically the POUT mode).
>
> Wish I would have done this a couple years ago when I built mine.  It
> has
> got to be the best thing since sliced bread.
>
> I took pictures thru the whole building process to document this build
> and
> it's nice to see it come together again and again on the computer.  In
> the
> next couple days I'll post the pics to some webspace and put a link to
> the
> pics here.
>

> Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI, Retired
> Administrator http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org