Keying on Power Up

Chuck Gehring
I just finished up Assembly Part II, getting ready to start Alignment and
Test Part III.  When I turn on my K2 the display shows Elecraft and then
flashes between PO 1 and SPD 15.  NO INFO messages, the dummy load gets
warm.  No Smoke so I guess I can count my blessings.  I will be searching
the reflector archives and double checking for shorts again, but I am afraid
that I am overlooking the same spot each time.

73 KI4DGH

Chuck Gehring

RE: Keying on Power Up

Chuck Gehring
I found the problem with my "Keying on Power Up" issue.   I had installed
the D1 in the TR switch backwards.   I know, I know, check and double check.
I was so focused on good clean solder joints that I did not double check
component placement on a simple diode.   I discovered my mistake by working
backwards from the last component installed and comparing it to the
schematics and also using the Parts Placement diagrams in Appendix F.  The
Parts Placement Diagrams were critical since it is very difficult to see the
component outline on the circuit board after you have installed the diode.
Now on to the Alignment and Test Part III.  Thanks Don W3FPR for the
off-line recommendations and support.

The Reflector NEVER Sleeps