Kixie rode in the passenger seat

Lloyd Lachow
...as we drove to pick up two of my children.  I was
early, and had about 40 spare minutes...by design!
Heh, heh...

Up went the 40M Hamstick, I plugged everything in, got
a fine match and was putting out four to five watts.

Up at 7.040, there was a lot of SSB, So I tuned down,
found a pile, it was for TF4M, so I joined in the
chase, and worked him after four or five
tries...Iceland!  New one for me!  This guy has some
massive rhombics on a fjord in western Iceland...check
out his QRZ.com listing.

Then some more tuning, listening - found an EA6
calling CQ, good sigs, so I called a bunch, never
heard him, called some more, and heard K3ESE DE
7X4AN... whoa! Algeria! New for me! We chatted for a
couple of minutes, and then it was time for Kixie to
head back into her little padded bag...

   ...'til the next time I can arrange a few spare
minutes...

  LL