Kx1 Mobile Ant

frank-142
I've run HF mobile since the 1950's and over the years I found
out what works and what dosn't.   The worst mobile ant I
ever used was the type with  bottom loading coil.   It was
the next best thing to a dummy load.   Later I tried
the top loaded Hustlers and they were a little better but
not by much.

Then when the Lakeview Ham Sticks came on the market, the
increased efficiency of that design was amazing.  I used
them 40 to 10M with excellent results.  Worked a lot of DX on 20M
while in motion using the Ham Stick.  The 80M ham stick is mostly
ant I had tried.  On the motor home I finally settled on using
a 40M ham stick on one side and a 20M ham stick on the other side
of the roof.   That way I could switch bands on the road.
 When spending the  night on the road I always tried to stop where
there was a tree nearby to  throw up a 35 ft wire
Simply unscrewed the ham stick and used that wire
with a long wire tuner in the vehicle on all bands. That of course
was much better than a 7 ft long Ham Stick.

Its no wonder these hams who are using the center loaded
screwdriver ant's  need to have a 500w amp in the vehicle to
be heard :-)    Frank W7is