Kx3 Paddles spring adjustment?

Buck - k4ia
Is there an adjustment for the spring tension?  I am spoiled by my
Begali and these feel like I am lifting weights.
--
Buck
k4ia

Re: KX1 and Walkabout

Bill Tubbs, WK6A
I've got one more day with my KX1 in Cabo and thought I'd give the rig one more shot before I leave tomorrow. I tried it earlier but couldn't hear a thing, despite the relative quiet down here. On all bands (80, 40, 30,and 20). Admittedly I'm just using a Walkabout antenna connected directly to the KX1 off my 4th floor balcony, but I'd think I'd at least hear something.

My balcony faces due East and I've tried both early morning (2300 local) and mid afternoon (1400). One or two sigs down at the base of a couple of bands but nothing else. Would the bands be that dead down here or might I just have the effects of a limited antenna system?

Bill
WK6A

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2012, at 11:12 PM, Buck k4ia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there an adjustment for the spring tension?  I am spoiled by my
> Begali and these feel like I am lifting weights.
> --
> Buck
> k4ia
> K3 # 101  KX3 #715

Re: KX1 and Walkabout

Bill K9YEQ
Be sure to use a counter poise! The walkabout is a poor performer without
one.

73,
Bill
K9YEQ
K2 FT 35, KX1 FT 35, KX3 FT 12

I've got one more day with my KX1 in Cabo and thought I'd give the rig one
more shot before I leave tomorrow. I tried it earlier but couldn't hear a
thing, despite the relative quiet down here. On all bands (80, 40, 30,and
20). Admittedly I'm just using a Walkabout antenna connected directly to the
KX1 off my 4th floor balcony, but I'd think I'd at least hear something.

My balcony faces due East and I've tried both early morning (2300 local) and
mid afternoon (1400). One or two sigs down at the base of a couple of bands
but nothing else. Would the bands be that dead down here or might I just
have the effects of a limited antenna system?

Bill
WK6A

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2012, at 11:12 PM, Buck k4ia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there an adjustment for the spring tension?  I am spoiled by my
> Begali and these feel like I am lifting weights.
> --
> Buck
> k4ia
> K3 # 101  KX3 #715

> list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html

Re: KX1 and Walkabout

Bill Tubbs, WK6A
Dummy that I am, I left my counterpoise wires at home with my 817. I'll learn.... ;-)

Bill

Sent from my iPhone