Kx3

Richard Thorpe-2
I was shocked by the introduction of the k3x prototype.  I hadn't realized that ham radio was going in that direction, eventually a 160-10 iphone? I was encouraged by the Yaesu R5000 big, lots of hobby knobs.  I must get with the times, small and portable handheld ip radios, the future.

K6CG

Re: Kx3

Johnny Siu
Not quite but elecraft just filled up the market demand for that kind of radio.

Sent from my  iPhone 4

Richard Thorpe <[hidden email]> 於 2011年5月21日 下午11:13 寫道:

> I was shocked by the introduction of the k3x prototype.  I hadn't realized that ham radio was going in that direction, eventually a 160-10 iphone? I was encouraged by the Yaesu R5000 big, lots of hobby knobs.  I must get with the times, small and portable handheld ip radios, the future.
>
> K6CG

Re: Kx3

Rob May-2

Why should you be shocked that a portable radio is... portable!  In the video, Wayne describes it as a TRF - Trail Friendly Radio, try that lugging an FT-5000 on your next hike.  :)

Rob
NV5E

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 20:13:47 -0700
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Elecraft] Kx3
>
> I was shocked by the introduction of the k3x prototype. I hadn't realized that ham radio was going in that direction, eventually a 160-10 iphone? I was encouraged by the Yaesu R5000 big, lots of hobby knobs. I must get with the times, small and portable handheld ip radios, the future.
>
> K6CG

Re: Kx3

Doug Person-3
I don't think its one way or the other.  I think both have their place.
I must admit though, I was stunned by how big the top end Yaesus are.
73, Doug -- K0DXV