LC Meter

Charles Greene
Hi,

Can any one recommend an accurate LC meter at a reasonable cost?  I have a
Elenco LCR-1810.  It has a 200 uH sacle as the lowest scale, but it  does
not read correctly and is off by a factor of 2:1 at low values of uH.   I
need to read uH in the range of 2 TO 200 uH (HF inductors).  The only thing
I have other than the Elenco is a MFJ 259B with the grid dip option which
is a pain to use and not that accurate either.

TNX,  Chas W1CG

Re: LC Meter

Mychael Morohovich
Hi, Charles-

The L/C Meter IIB [$99.95 kit/ $129.95 assembled] seems to be the  L/C meter
of choice amongst those who frequent this reflector. I have used mine for
the past 2.5 years and am quite please with it.

http://www.aade.com/lcmeter.htm

73,
Mychael AA3WF
K2#1025

Re: LC Meter

n6wg
Charles
The LCII/B L/C meter is pretty much a standard among many home brewers.
It is by Almost All Digital Electronics.
The kit isn't expensive, and it works well.  I highly recommend it.
Good luck and 73
Bob N6WG

Re: LC Meter

Phil Wheeler-2

Mychael Morohovich wrote:

> Hi, Charles-
>
> The L/C Meter IIB [$99.95 kit/ $129.95 assembled] seems to be the  L/C
> meter of choice amongst those who frequent this reflector. I have used
> mine for the past 2.5 years and am quite please with it.
>
> http://www.aade.com/lcmeter.htm

Good recommendation: Mine has been excellent.

73, Phil

RE: LC Meter

Rick Commo
 I have been very happy with mine as well.
-rick

> The L/C Meter IIB [$99.95 kit/ $129.95 assembled] seems to be the  L/C
> meter of choice amongst those who frequent this reflector. I have used
> mine for the past 2.5 years and am quite please with it.
>
> http://www.aade.com/lcmeter.htm

Good recommendation: Mine has been excellent.

73, Phil

Re: LC Meter

Paul - VE1DY
Hi Charles...

Here is a link to the LCR meter I am thinking of buying.

http://www.peakelec.co.uk/downloads/lcr40review.pdf