Library of SMD device footprints?

Tom Hammond-3
Hi Folks:

Still mulling over the possibility of designing a PC board an SMD version
of the K6XX LED CW Tuning Indicator.

One problem I've immediately encountered is that the SMD device (from NJM)
is listed as a DMP14 package for which I can find NO footprint information
at all.

If anyone has a link to SMD footprint package specs, AND to the footprint
for a DMP14 package, I'd be very happy to receive such info.

I'd also like to find a reliable library of footprint specs, so I can
design other boards in the future without having to rum all over the place,
trying to obtain individual device specs.

Thanks.

73,

Tom   N0SS

Re: Library of SMD device footprints?

Tom Hammond-3
Mike:

At 09:49 AM 9/21/04, Mike S wrote:
>At 10:38 AM 9/21/2004, Tom Hammond wrote...
> >One problem I've immediately encountered is that the SMD device (from
> NJM) is listed as a DMP14 package for which I can find NO footprint
> information at all.
>
>http://www.njr.co.jp/pdf/ae/ae01004.pdf

Oh, for crying out loud!!!  I look ed for that darn thing for oven an HOUR
this morning and cou;dn't find a thing!

Thanks so much.

I guess I can now cll off the dogs!

Appreciated.

73,

Tom   N0SS

Re: Library of SMD device footprints?

Jack Brindle

On Sep 21, 2004, at 8:15 AM, Tom Hammond wrote:

> Mike:
>
> At 09:49 AM 9/21/04, Mike S wrote:
>> At 10:38 AM 9/21/2004, Tom Hammond wrote...
>> >One problem I've immediately encountered is that the SMD device
>> (from NJM) is listed as a DMP14 package for which I can find NO
>> footprint information at all.
>>
>> http://www.njr.co.jp/pdf/ae/ae01004.pdf
>
> Oh, for crying out loud!!!  I look ed for that darn thing for oven an
> HOUR this morning and cou;dn't find a thing!

Yeah, yeah, we heard it before. You just forgot to drink your coffee
this morning...

It's fun to hassle Tom - he is such a great guy!

For everyone else watching this thread, the chip Tom is looking at was
originally created by Exar as the XR2211, and is still available from
them in both 14 pin DIP and SOIC packages. The SOIC package is a
surface-mount part with 0.05" lead spacing. For some reason (perhaps
someone can explain), NJR has the same package but with a different
name (DMP).

> I guess I can now cll off the dogs!

Sure they aren't at your heels? :-) :-) :-)

Go drink your coffee...

- Jack Brindle, WA4FIB