Limit topics in email

Re: Limit topics in email

EricJ-2
Absolutely, some things carry over from the 20th Century because they
work. There are 21st Century applications that make email lists work
even better. Like many here, I filter with Thunderbird. It would work
better if everyone used a [product tag] in the Subject line, but it
isn't onerous as it is.

The mailbox analogy is a good one. Forums are necessary with a large
community with a wide number of interests. But not for a relatively
focused group like Elecraft.

I'm only posting as this thread is becoming a de facto poll. My choice
would be to leave the list alone.

Eric
KE6US

On 5/7/2014 8:11 AM, Walter Underwood wrote:
> E-mail is not a relic, it is a survivor.
>
> Today, I get get hundreds of messages per day and visit zero forums. Forum interfaces are clumsy and inefficient and I would have to visit each one to check whether there was anything new. It would be like having to walk to different mailboxes for each person who might send me mail.
>
> wunder
> K6WRU

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Limit topics in email

Phil Hystad-3

> I'm only posting as this thread is becoming a de facto poll. My choice would be to leave the list alone.
>
> Eric
> KE6US

I vote too as well to leave the list alone.  No changes needed.  I will vote frequently, count each of my votes -- the way we do it up in King County (Seattle area). :-)

73, phil, K7PEH

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Limit topics in email

Tim Herrick
Count me as keep it as is, please. Very easy for me ti filter out things I don't want with my email client.

73,
Tim Herrick, KQ8M
[hidden email]

AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org
User Ports: 23, 7373  with local skimmer, 7374 without local skimmer

Please help support this email list: http://www.qsl.net/donate.html Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Limit topics in email

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
Folks. Let's end this thread at this time. It is not appropriate to take up list bw debating forums versus email lists. This thread pops up periodically. Please search the archives for past info on this.

We will not be changing to a forum format for many of the reasons listed.

Feel free to email me with comments etc.

73,

Eric
List Moderator
elecraft.com
_..._

> On May 7, 2014, at 8:59 AM, "KQ8M" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Count me as keep it as is, please. Very easy for me ti filter out things I don't want with my email client.

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Limit topics in email

NK7Z
I vote we follow the subject line of this thread, and let the thread
die, then beat the ground where it used to be, then set fire to the
stick we beat the ground with, then scatter the ashes, so it never comes
back again.  :)

--
Thanks and 73's,
www.nk7z.net

On Wed, 2014-05-07 at 08:55 -0700, Phil Hystad wrote:

> > I'm only posting as this thread is becoming a de facto poll. My choice would be to leave the list alone.
> >
> > Eric
> > KE6US
>
> I vote too as well to leave the list alone.  No changes needed.  I will vote frequently, count each of my votes -- the way we do it up in King County (Seattle area). :-)
>
> 73, phil, K7PEH

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Limit topics in email

Fred Smith-2
After having owned radios X/Y and Z costing from upwards of $6k I switched
to a K3 while still owning the top of the list for transceivers. Both are
excellent radios in their own respects, except for 2 things the customer
support and this very forum for the lack of BS and mostly on topic posts.
This reflector is one I subscribe to for Elecraft radio information only not
a BS one, there are all kinds of those and I have no use for them.

The only issue's I have seen were those who thought the world revolved
around Elecraft "Only" anything else was junk. I still laugh at those posts
from time to time and while most of my gear is Elecraft now I always look at
new things.

I see no reason what so ever to change anything here well other than off
topic subjects that some insist on. Eric does a great job of keeping the
kid's inline while on the play ground here, I don't know where he finds the
time.

73 & Good DX,
Fred  N0AZZ

Absolutely, some things carry over from the 20th Century because they work.
There are 21st Century applications that make email lists work even better.
Like many here, I filter with Thunderbird. It would work better if everyone
used a [product tag] in the Subject line, but it isn't onerous as it is.

The mailbox analogy is a good one. Forums are necessary with a large
community with a wide number of interests. But not for a relatively focused
group like Elecraft.

I'm only posting as this thread is becoming a de facto poll. My choice would
be to leave the list alone.

Eric
KE6US

On 5/7/2014 8:11 AM, Walter Underwood wrote:
> E-mail is not a relic, it is a survivor.
>
> Today, I get get hundreds of messages per day and visit zero forums. Forum
interfaces are clumsy and inefficient and I would have to visit each one to
check whether there was anything new. It would be like having to walk to
different mailboxes for each person who might send me mail.

> wunder
> K6WRU

delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Limit topics in email

HREFAB
Can we close this thread? It has gone so far off topic from my original question as to be useless other than taking up bandwidth. Thanks for the first couple of replies which at least attempted to address my question.

Jim Harvey / KD2FIP

Re: Limit topics in email

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
Closed!   :-)

73,
Eric
elecraft.com
_..._

> On May 7, 2014, at 7:03 PM, HREFAB <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can we close this thread? It has gone so far off topic from my original
> question as to be useless other than taking up bandwidth. Thanks for the
> first couple of replies which at least attempted to address my question.
>
> Jim Harvey / KD2FIP

Message delivered to [hidden email]
12