Long term reliability with leaving radio on 24/7???

Long term reliability with leaving radio on 24/7???

WE0H
Has anyone left their K2 on 24/7 for freq stability reason's? Or ran
QRSS and can say how well it stayed put? Previously when I was running
1750 meters, I used to leave my TS-440 on 24/7 for a couple years. It
still worked after all that time running...hi hi...But what I would like
to know is, would the K2 be expected to run say for a year straight
without any issues? Of course no antenna would be connected when it
shouldn't be...I have had it running for about 9 hours today and did the
calibration a couple hours ago and the radio is dead nuts stable within
1hz of what the reference oscillators here are which are calibrated to
WWV. I haven't had the chance yet to let it come down to room temp and
be turned back on and see where the calibration would be at. Anyone with
experience in this stuff?

Many thanks,
Mike
WE0H
K2 S/N 6698

Re: Long term reliability with leaving radio on 24/7???

Geoffrey Mackenzie-Kennedy
Mike,

My K2/100 stayed put without any issues while running 24/7 in receive mode
for almost two years, while monitoring for any 2 metre openings across the
pond. I did disable the transmitter to avoid accidental frying of the 2
metre converter.

In normal use on 40m, it drifts about 10 Hz during the first few minutes
after a cold start before settling.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD

Mike WE0H wrote on Monday, March 09, 2009 at 3:40 AM