Looking for Y-serial cable k2/100 to KAT100 to PC

Looking for Y-serial cable k2/100 to KAT100 to PC

Lou Aguilar
Hi all,

I am looking for Y serial port cable to connect my K2/100 to the
KAT100 and to a PC.
I can not make any cables right now due to bad eyesight.

thanks,
KN1W

Luis Aguilar
KN1W
(the picture in QRZ is my son)
http://www.mac84.com/kn1w
email: [hidden email]

Re: Looking for Y-serial cable k2/100 to KAT100 to PC

Phil Kane-2
On 8/24/2009 4:43 PM, Lou Aguilar wrote:

> I am looking for Y serial port cable to connect my K2/100 to the
> KAT100 and to a PC.

> I can not make any cables right now due to bad eyesight.

I am in the same condition.  If it's a "regular" 9-pin Y cable -
with all pins wired and you are sure that's what you want - check
out the following page :

          http://www.pchcables.com/db9sespca1fe.htm

I have bought almost all of my cables from them.  They are a
first-class place for both over-the-counter and on-line sales.

--  73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
    Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

Re: Looking for Y-serial cable k2/100 to KAT100 to PC

Don Wilhelm-4
Lou, Phil,

Do NOT use those to connect between the K2 (or K2/100) and the computer
- the RS-232 voltages applied to pins other than 2 and 3 will damage the K2.

You can use a standard serial cable to connect between the K2 and the
KAT100 - Just do not connect it to the computer.  You MUST use the cable
shown in the KAT100 manual to connect to the computer - only pins 2, 3
and 5 should be connected at the computer end, or damage to the K2 or
KAT100 can result.

Phil Kane wrote:

> On 8/24/2009 4:43 PM, Lou Aguilar wrote:
>

>> I am looking for Y serial port cable to connect my K2/100 to the
>> KAT100 and to a PC.
>>

>> I can not make any cables right now due to bad eyesight.
>>

> I am in the same condition.  If it's a "regular" 9-pin Y cable -
> with all pins wired and you are sure that's what you want - check
> out the following page :
>
>           http://www.pchcables.com/db9sespca1fe.htm
>
> I have bought almost all of my cables from them.  They are a
> first-class place for both over-the-counter and on-line sales.
>
> --  73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
>     Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402

Re: Looking for Y-serial cable k2/100 to KAT100 to PC

KK7P
>> I am looking for Y serial port cable to connect my K2/100 to the
>> KAT100 and to a PC.
>
>> ...If it's a "regular" 9-pin Y cable - with all pins wired

It's not, it must be wired as shown in the manual or damage may result
to the KIO2/KPA100.

73,

Lyle KK7P

Re: Looking for Y-serial cable k2/100 to KAT100 to PC

Lou Aguilar
Thanks to all that replied!

A very nice ham and Gentleman is going to make me the cable according
to specs.

This is another testament to the collaboration and fellowship of the
Elecraft community.

Thanks very much,

de KN1W

Luis Aguilar