Looking for a builder

Kory Hamzeh
Hello Everyone,

My name is Kory Hamzeh, and I am a Ham Radio Operator AC6RN. I've build many
kits (and even homebrew rigs) since I was a child, including an Elecraft K1
and a K2. But I have a Degenerative Retina Disorder in my right eye and I'm
totally blind in my left eye. My vision had been stable for most of my life,
but in the past few years, it was gotten really bad.

I purchased a KX1 kit (plus the KXB3080 30/80 module, KXAT1 tuner, and the
KXPD1 paddle, and pre-wound toroids for all of them from the Toroid Guy) to
build myself. But my eyesight has gotten so bad that I don't think I can
finish it. I've only done some of the resistors (I'm up to the point where
you install C39). I'm looking for someone who can finish building for me for
free. Due to work issues (or lack of work due to my handicap), I can't
afford to pay anything right now, but I may be able to in a few months if
thing improve.

I know there is a Builder List on the Elecraft web site, and I've tried
contacting most people there who stated they will build for free, but either
the e-mail bounces (like 80% of the time) or I don't hear back from them. So
I decided to ask here. I hope that is OK?

If you are interested, please let me know when you can do it. I can be
reached via e-mail as [hidden email].

I would really appreciate and be grateful for any help.

73,
Kory
AC6RN

Re: Looking for a builder

Kory Hamzeh

Wow! In less than an hour since I posted my message asking for help, I've
received over half a dozen offers from list members to build the KX1 for me.
What a great community of hams! Am I overwhelmed!

So thank you everyone. I'm sure I can make arrangements with one of these
fine gentlemen!

73,
Kory
AC6RN