Looking for sdrIQx.dll file for CWskimmer

Looking for sdrIQx.dll file for CWskimmer

mike
A recent computer crash and bad backup caused me to lose the sdrIQx.dll file I need to run CWskimmer with my SDR-IQ receiver. I split my K3 RX antenna with mySDR receiver so I can spot the signals I can hear at my qth rather than use a DX Cluster.

Anyway, there have been threads on setting up CWskimmer on this refector and I am hoping someone has this .dll file that they can send me.

Thanks  73  ..mike  AI6II

Re: Looking for sdrIQx.dll file for CWskimmer

mike
Thanks for the email replies I have received so far, but I may need to clarify. The issue is not with CWskimmer. I have successfully installed the program from current files on the DXAtlas Website. I also have a good copy of the sdr14x.dll that is supplied by the manufacturer of my SDR-I/Q receiver. However when I try to register the sdr14x.dll, Windows 10 complains that it 'may not be compatible'. When I run CWskimmer, it issues the error 'Unable to create SDR14X object' meaning it cannot find/use the active-x file to connect with the SDR-I/Q receiver.

The sdrIQx.dll is an active-x component that is listed with the other .dll files in the System32 folder (C:\Windows\System32). If you are running CWskimmer using the SDR-I/Q receiver, you might have installed the sdrIQx.dll file I am looking for.

Thanks  73  ..mike  AI6II

Re: Looking for sdrIQx.dll file for CWskimmer

Nr4c
Skimmer website???

Sent from my iPhone
...nr4c. bill

> On Oct 5, 2016, at 8:47 AM, mike <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> A recent computer crash and bad backup caused me to lose the sdrIQx.dll file
> I need to run CWskimmer with my SDR-IQ receiver. I split my K3 RX antenna
> with mySDR receiver so I can spot the signals I can hear at my qth rather
> than use a DX Cluster.
>
> Anyway, there have been threads on setting up CWskimmer on this refector and
> I am hoping someone has this .dll file that they can send me.
>
> Thanks  73  ..mike  AI6II

> Message delivered to [hidden email]

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Looking for sdrIQx.dll file for CWskimmer -SOLVED

mike
Thanks to all who helped. Turns out the RF Space provided SDR14X.dll worked fine once I was able to get Windows 10 to register it.

Problem solved by moving the file to the C:\window\sysWOW64\ folder where the 64-bit version wants the 32-bit dll files to reside. Then running command prompt as an administrator, I executed the 'regsvr32 sdr14x.dll' command and it finally worked. I had to use the regsvr32.exe program that is in the sysWOW64 subfolder, rather than the one in the System32 folder.

CW Skimmer ran hooked up to my SDR-I/Q receiver happily immediately thereafter.

Geeesh it is hard keeping up with these changes when a new OS comes out! ;>)

73  ..mike  AI6II

Re: Looking for sdrIQx.dll file for CWskimmer -SOLVED

n9ok
All, I'm trying to find a copy of either sdr14.dll or sdrIQx.dll. If any of
you could point me towards it, I'd really appreciate it.

73 Joe N9OK

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/