Low power out, ERR TXG when trying to calibrate power

Low power out, ERR TXG when trying to calibrate power

M0VFC
Hi folks,

My KX3 seems to have developed a low output power problem.

All used to be fine, but over the weekend I noticed it now only gives ~6W maximum on CW despite a good SWR indication. I have reproduced this into a dummy load (1.1:1 SWR) and checked DC input voltage (11.2V key down, external 3S LiPo).

Additionally, if I engage the ATU, it no longer seems able to find a good match, even into a dummy load. Bypassing the ATU results in an indicated 1.1:1 SWR, and removing the ATU module does not fix the low output power problem.

If I run the manual TX power calibration (set power to 6W and hold TUNE), the VFO B display reaches about 5.4W then stays there. Tapping TX to stop the procedure results in ERR TXG being shown. Doing the same at 4W results in maximum output power of about 3.2W, from memory, and a similar ERR TXG error.

This is true on all HF bands.

Any thoughts on where to look?

Many thanks,
Rob, M0VFC

Re: Low power out, ERR TXG when trying to calibrate power

Don Wilhelm
Rob,

I would try running the TX Gain Calibration with a higher voltage power
source - at least 13.8 volts.

If it still fails, contact Elecraft support.

Message delivered to [hidden email]