Lubrication

Stewart Baker
I have a WWII QRO roller coaster that I will be using in a remote ATU.
After giving it a good clean it looks brand new.

Having washed all of the old lubricants away in the cleaning, I am now
seeking advice on what lubricants to use and where.

Obviously the coil and the contact area of the wheel need to be kept
completely free of any grease or oil, but what about the other parts.

T.I.A.

Stewart G3RXQ

Re: Lubrication

Don Wilhelm-4
Stewart,

I would recommend a lubricant that does not migrate.  There are several
in the Teflon category (Super Lube is one brand), or any in the White
Lithium grease category.
The contact area can also have a light bit of lube on it to make
operation smooth and prevent wear.  The contact pressure will still
allow electrical contact and will wipe any excess lube away in a couple
adjustment passes.