MD2 Mic

Tom Mc
Has anyone tried placing the 5.6k resistor for the MD2 microphone into the
plug or into the microphone itself (rather than into the K2)?

I've done this with the hand mic with success, but the MD2 plug seems a lot
more crowded and a few pins have heat shrink, which I'd rather not remove.

Happy Holidays

Tom, WB2QDG
K2 1103

Re: MD2 Mic

K5JAZ-2
Hi Tom. I did this mod this weekend without any problems. I partially removed
the heatshrink where required, soldered, and put a single layer of plastic tape
around all pins before reassembly.
--
Regards,
Jim Brown, K5JAZ