MH2 to MD2 - K2, Modification Required?

Paul Clay
I built a K2 about a year ago and wired it for use
with the MH2 hand microphone.  As the MD2 is
currently on sale, I'm thinking about purchasing
one.   Can I just unplug the old mic and plug in
the new one, or am I going to have to modify the
mic input circuitry?

Thanks,
Paul
N6LQ

Re: MH2 to MD2 - K2, Modification Required?

Don Wilhelm-3
Paul,

I will find out in a few days, but I do believe the MD2 wiring requirements
are the same as for the MH2 - if not, I will make it so.

IMHO, if you are using several mics with a particular rig, it is better to
wire the plug on the mic rather than re-do the configuration header - my
header is wired straight across and will likely stay that way.  If the mic
must be used with several different transceivers, I believe the best
solution is to build an adapter.  I would not want to slave a particular
microphone to any one transceiver.   Maybe we hams should campaign to use
XLR connectors on our microphones like the audio folks do (particularly
those mics used in the home station - handhelds for field or mobile use are
a different situation)

>I built a K2 about a year ago and wired it for use
> with the MH2 hand microphone.  As the MD2 is
> currently on sale, I'm thinking about purchasing
> one.   Can I just unplug the old mic and plug in
> the new one, or am I going to have to modify the
> mic input circuitry?

Re: MH2 to MD2 - K2, Modification Required?

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Hi Paul,

No changes required. The MH2 and MD2 us exactly the same mic input bias etc.

73, Eric  WA6HHQ
---