Manual revision history

Craig Rairdin
I'm about to launch into building KX1 #1541 which I've had for a while. My
manual is Rev B; I see Rev C is current.

I've searched the Elecraft Web site and can't find a list of changes between
versions of the manual, nor can I find any notes about any modifications
that might be needed to bring an older kit up to the latest specs. I found
"Builder's Alert #1" from April 10, 2006. This particular alert is
incorporated into the errata sheets in my KXB3080.

What I'm curious about is what other changes prompted the update from Rev B
to Rev C? I'd like to be completely up-to-date when I'm done.

Craig

NZ0R

Re: Manual revision history

Don Wilhelm-4
Craig,

I work on many KX1s and can say with certainty that the manual changes
are minor - there has been little change in the KX1 circuits over its
lifetime (other than the changes for the KXB3080 option).
One change is the number of turns on L3.  If your manual says 6 turns,
increase that to 18 turns.  This change was necessary for the addition
of 80 meters with the KXB3080.

There are no mods to the KX1 other than the addition of the Power Output
Mod should your KX1 not develop 3.5 watts or more on 20 meters with a
13.8 volt power supply.  Do *not* install this mod if your KX1 has
adequate power output - the PA output components can be stressed with
powers much over 4 watts.

Other changes are mostly for clarification and wording.  For one thing,
the use of body color to identify inductors is no longer being used
because suppliers can change the color at will with no electrical
difference (the colored marking bands are important ans will not change).

Craig Rairdin wrote:

> I'm about to launch into building KX1 #1541 which I've had for a while. My
> manual is Rev B; I see Rev C is current.
>

> I've searched the Elecraft Web site and can't find a list of changes between
> versions of the manual, nor can I find any notes about any modifications
> that might be needed to bring an older kit up to the latest specs. I found
> "Builder's Alert #1" from April 10, 2006. This particular alert is
> incorporated into the errata sheets in my KXB3080.
>

> What I'm curious about is what other changes prompted the update from Rev B
> to Rev C? I'd like to be completely up-to-date when I'm done.

Re: Manual revision history

AC7AC
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.