Max voltage for a KX1

k6dgw
Hi All,

I have acquired two loose 7.2V Li-Ion batteries, the result of the death
of my Nikon Coolpix camera.  I replaced it, apparently fixing high tech
stuff died with the TV Repair shops.  The batteries are just fine.
Fully charged, they measure 7.45V each.  Can I series them to power my
KX1?  That would be almost 15V, probably not for long, but at the start.
  These guys weigh less than an 11.7V Li-Poly RC model battery, which
would be good for me in the Spartan Sprints, more Q's/lb. I hate to
throw them away.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2009 Cal QSO Party  3-4 Oct 2009
- www.cqp.org

Re: Max voltage for a KX1

Don Wilhelm-4
Fred,

The KX1 DC voltage spec is 15 volts, so yes, that should work FB.