Minimizing voltage drop on transmit in K2

Minimizing voltage drop on transmit in K2

Ignacy
This may be a repeat as the previous message did not show; it was sent
before the conformation of subscription.

I installed a 3Ah Li-PO battery in my K2. This battery has a starting
voltage of about 12.4 and ending of about 8. To make the most of it
requires that the drop in voltage on transmit be minimized. However,
this drop is 0.9 V. It stayed the same after changing to the low-drop
diode, which only changed the overall drop by about 0.3 V.

On transmit, K2 draws 3-3.5A. Here is where the drop comes from:
battery - 0.3
diode - 0.2
wires + extra fuse from battery to K2 - 0.2
self-resetting fuse - 0.2

Has anybody attempted to minimize this drop?

Regarding the LIPO battery, batteryspace.com sells 1.5A units weighing 1
oz at about $7 each. They also sell a very small 110/220V charger  for $15.

73,
Ignacy, NO9E