Moderation

vk4tux
How many years do you need to be on the list before posts are not moderated,
or am I on the naughty list?

I have posted messages here then have seen several and tens of posts go
through after my post timestamp,

before I finally see mine show up the next day and way out of sequence with
the thread responded too.

Adrian . vk4tux

Re: Moderation

Milt -- N5IA
Adrain,

Don't you understand that it is a LOT farther from VK4 than most other
places.  Just takes time!!!!

:-)  :-)

de Milt, N5IA

How many years do you need to be on the list before posts are not moderated,
or am I on the naughty list?

I have posted messages here then have seen several and tens of posts go
through after my post timestamp,

before I finally see mine show up the next day and way out of sequence with
the thread responded too.

Adrian . vk4tux

-----
No virus found in this message.

Re: Moderation

vk4tux
Well I could be a bit wet, but definitely not a drain.

Adrian

Re: Moderation

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Hi Adrian,

In general we do not moderate every posting to the Elecraft list for content.  We simply do not have time. Also, new subscribers to the list are not automatically moderated.

The Elecraft list server (which is provided by qth.net, not Elecraft) will occasionally hold a posting when it comes from an unsubscribed email address or contains swear words, is obviously spam etc. We also will put a specific email address in 'moderate' mode when we see that it has been hijacked by a spammer who is posting to the list.

In these cases the emails are saved by the server for review and we try to check that group daily during the business week. Almost 99% of these are spam.  If a posting is from an email address that is subscribed to the list and it is not spam etc, it gets passed through. Spam, postings from emails addresses that do not exactly match the subscriber list etc are usually rejected.

One common mistake subscribers make is to subscribe from one email address or alias and then post from another with a from: address that does not match their list sub address. Those will get bounced by the server as we get hit by hundreds of unsubscribed addresses with spam daily.

Most of our moderation comes from posts I make here gently suggesting that threads end etc.

73,
Eric
Elecraft List Moderator from time to time.
www.elecraft.com
_..._