More AOL Woes (Everyone Please Read)]

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
Elecraft list members, please see the message below
.
73, Eric  WA6HHQ
Elecraft list moderator

Re: More AOL Woes (Everyone Please Read)]

G3VVT
The spam button in question is on the later AOL 9.0 and is marked "Report
Spam". Unfortunately as reported it is adjacent to the "Delete" button.

The amount of spam arriving in my mailbox is down to a few e-mails per day
plus another small percentage goes direct to a spam folder. The action of
designating a message as "Report Spam" has the effect of sending it to the spam
folder. Even at that point it can be restored back to the mailbox by
designating  as "this is not spam" which restores it for reading. With this in mind the
only  point that it could be reported to AOL is when the spam designated
messages are  deleted from the spam folder which I do every few days. In other
words it would  possibly take two separate actions to make the mud stick.

Looks like another try is needed with AOL to resolve the  matter with them as
there is little the list can do to protect itself from the  occasional moron
with a loaded PC and a mouse.

Bob, G3VVT