More hope for KX3 overheating

fredem
As promised in my previous announcement, my website has continued to evolve:

1) The new "FAQs" page -- which covers too many topics to mention here --
provides information that should be of interest to all KX3 owners.  No doubt
the most interesting information is contained in the two plots, which show
how TX efficiency varies with frequency and output power.  The variations
are surprising, and the implications are significant!  (As many KX3 owners
have already discovered, 0.5 Watts output is a practical limit for high duty
cycle TX on 6 meters using the factory heatsink.)

2) The "Remarks" page is now organized by subject matter!

--- - - - ---

Meanwhile, work continues in other areas:

1) My installation guide PDF file will be available for download in a few
weeks.  (Currently I just email it to each customer when they place an
ordered.)

2) Another round of independent performance testing will commence later this
month.  This will be the first formal testing of my Plus (formerly known as
Tropical) model.

73,
Fred  VE7FMN
http://www.ve7fmn.ca/

P.S.  Shipping may be suspended for two weeks in late August, if I'm able to
get away on holiday (vacation).