My 13.8 Volt Solution

KK5IB
I run a K2 and a K3 mostly QRP, powered by an Astron SS-30M power supply. I also have a 55 amp AGM deep cycle battery for indoor use. All the above are connected through an KI0BK Low Loss Power Gate. The power gate has five Anderson PP connections, battery in, power supply and three out. When the power supply is on the battery is charged with small current, when the power supply loses its input power, the power gate shifts to battery power in microseconds. The power in connections are hot swappable. The power supply and battery are isolated from each other so that the battery will not be discharged by the power supply bleeder. The power gate has 25 max amps capacity which is fine for my situation. Hope this is of interest.
Darryl, KK5IB