My feelings

Alan Price-3

Fellow Elecrafters:

Normally I don't enter into conversations like this one.  In this case I feel obligated.

I have known Don, through the reflector for many years.  He is probably the largest source of Elecraft knowledge on the reflector.  He is also a gentleman.  In the many years I have corresponded with him, he has be courteous, honest and more than helpful.  He is welcome in my home here in California for dinner on a moments notice.  I have nothing but respect for him.

73

Alan

W1HYV

Re: My feelings

AD4C2009
I will back you up 300% Alan.
Don is a clear example of a gentleman,he is not only the most trustable source of information on Elecraft radios but also a decent business man,I had the chance once in the past to let him tune my K2 and he did a great job in a short time and with a decent affordable service  fees.
He also has my home doors for lunch or dinner opened at any time.

Hector
AD4C

"For a refined ham it is compulsory to own a k3"

Re: My feelings

The Smiths

Okay, enough is enough.. This has become SO out of control for no reason!

Why do you feel that it's necessary to send this out to the group???? No one said that there was anything wrong with Don or how helpful he his.  Don made a simple mistake of "outing" someone's call sign and name on the group, as do many other people here. Not thinking about what they're doing or what affects it may have on a person that wishes to remain anonymous.

No one has said he was a "bad" person. No one has questioned his helpfulness or dedication to this group!  I was simply making mention of an action so that he, or others on this group wouldn't consider doing again when someone tries to remain anonymous. Nothing more.. There's no reason to come to anyone's defense here people.   Enough of this already!  Please.

> Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 04:18:33 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] My feelings
>
> I will back you up 300% Alan.
> Don is a clear example of a gentleman,he is not only the most trustable source of information on Elecraft radios but also a decent business man,I had the chance once in the past to let him tune my K2 and he did a great job in a short time and with a decent affordable service  fees.
> He also has my home doors for lunch or dinner opened at any time.
>
> Hector
> AD4C
>

> "For a refined ham it is compulsory to own a k3"

Re: My feelings

Mark - W5EZY
I sold most of my ham gear, including my K2/100 and KAT100 in EC2 case, 2+ years ago to take up motorcycling.  Now, I've gotten back into ham radio and purchased another K2/100.  Started back reading the Reflector and enjoying the most-helpful posts of Don Wilhelm.  Now, this mess happens; I can't believe the nit-pickyness and short-sightedness of some people.  We have all lost a good resource help and friend to this forum.  Don has helped me in my first two K2 builds and I have learned a lot from him, just reading his responses to many others.  He'll be greatly missed, all because of a couple of jerks that just had to make a mountain out of a mole hill; totally unnecessary.  I, too, hope he reconsiders letting these malcontents run him off.  Of course, all this is JMHO.

Re: My feelings

Joe Planisky
Gaaaa!  This is driving me nuts.  Don did NOT "out" someones call!!!
The person in question put his callsign in the subject line of the
message.  Foxjazz did that himself.  Don didn't do it.  All Don did
was look up the call on QRZ.com to associate a name with the call.

I WILL continue to come to the defense of someone here when they're
accused of doing something they clearly did not do.

--
Joe KB8AP

On Apr 19, 2010, at 9:37 AM, The Smiths wrote:

> Don made a simple mistake of "outing" someone's call sign and name
> on the group, as do many other people here.

Re: My feelings [Edd of thread]

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Guys - Let's end this thread and all related ones now.

73, Eric
Elecraft List Moderator
(I go out of town for a show and the list goes crazy! ;-)
----

On 4/19/2010 9:37 AM, The Smiths wrote:

> Okay, enough is enough.. This has become SO out of control for no reason!

Re: My feelings

n0jrn
As if it's your duty to do that ????

NOT

I didn't realize your name was     ERIC

NOT

So it wasn't up to you to point anything out !    Was it ?

IF there is a lesson to be learned here,  open your eyes and realize it's
you that should be learning.

73           Jerry            N0JRN

On 4/19/2010 11:37:05 AM, The Smiths ([hidden email]) wrote:

> Okay, enough is enough.. This has become SO out of control for no reason!
>
> Why do you feel that
> it's necessary to send this out to the group???? No one said that there
> was anything wrong with Don or how helpful he his.  Don made a simple
> mistake of "outing" someone's
> call sign and name on the group, as do many other people here. Not
> thinking about what
> they're doing or what affects it may have on a person that wishes to
> remain anonymous.
>
> No one has said he was a "bad" person. No one has questioned his
> helpfulness or dedication to this group!  I was simply making mention of
> an action so that he, or others on this group wouldn't
> consider doing again when someone tries to remain anonymous. Nothing
> more..
> There's no reason to come to anyone's defense here people.   Enough of
> this already!  Please.
>

> > Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 04:18:33 -0700
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > CC: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Re: [Elecraft] My feelings
> >
> > I will back you up 300% Alan.
> > Don is a clear example of a gentleman,he is not only the most trustable
> source of

Re: My feelings [END of Thread]

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Don will be back shortly. :-)   We all have 'bad hair days' and
occasionally hit 'send' too quickly.

Folks, As just posted, this thread is now ended.

(Mus be the lack of sunspots that has people going a little crazy..   ;-)

73, Eric
Elecraft List moderator
====

On 4/19/2010 9:52 AM, Mark - W5EZY wrote:

> I sold most of my ham gear, including my K2/100 and KAT100 in EC2 case, 2+
> years ago to take up motorcycling.  Now, I've gotten back into ham radio and
> purchased another K2/100.  Started back reading the Reflector and enjoying
> the most-helpful posts of Don Wilhelm.  Now, this mess happens; I can't
> believe the nit-pickyness and short-sightedness of some people.  We have all
> lost a good resource help and friend to this forum.  Don has helped me in my
> first two K2 builds and I have learned a lot from him, just reading his
> of jerks that just had to make a mountain out of a mole hill; totally
> unnecessary.  I, too, hope he reconsiders letting these malcontents run him
> off.  Of course, all this is JMHO.

Re: My feelings

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Folks - PLEASE, no more postings on this subject.

73, Eric
Elecraft List Moderator - really!
===