My opinion ..KPA 500

greenacres113-2

Everyone feels differently about  QRO.  What limit or no limit is
enough. As a hardcore DXer I was taught as a pup antenna was everything.
Skill  then power in that order. I've done very well  never  running
over 6-700w. I concentrated on  antenna & improving my skill. My new
challenge is 6m. I've seen no mention of 6m  in these comments. There
are no 6m amps in this price range.
Once the KPA 500  is on the market if you  ever dreamed  of going on a
Dxpedition you'll be able to  fulfill your  fantasy. A K3 & switcher PS
with a KPA500  and a spool of wire in  a suitcase. Weighing under 60
lb.s.
If you ever had a REAL emergency & had to go temporary location/antenna
that  wouldn't be a bad combination either.
I guess the answer will  be known in a year if it's a hit. I personally
plan on buying one if I can. If it's as great as my K3 how can I lose?
K9IL
.

Re: My opinion ..KPA 500

John Ragle
In fact there are a number of 6 meter (alone) amps in the 300-400 watt
category. I am using a TE Systems 0552G amp that provides 375 watts cool
with 20-25 watts in. It runs in roughly the $680 range and is IMHO an
outstanding little amp for the magic band. (I should add that I have
worked KL7 from MA with 10 watts and a wire dipole on 6 meter
sideband...hot is hot)

John Ragle -- W1ZI

=====