N-GEN noise generator question

BobConvers
This is my first kit in over 35 years, so I have a basic question.  The N-GEN
noise generator kit uses a surface mount device designated MAR-1 as U1, a
tiny drum-shaped body with four leads protruding radially outward from the
center.  The end of one of the leads is cut at a slant.   The kit instructions say
to orient the slant-cut lead toward the center of the circuit board.  However,
I'm not sure which side of the device should be facing up.

One side of the device is labeled ".10", with an underscore under the zero,
and I would assume this side should be facing up.  However, the directions also
say that the body of the device will fit into the hole in the board between
the pads, so if I place the longer side of the body of the device into the hole
 (to have more of the device extending into the hole), the label is now face
down.  Both orientations result in the four leads positioned above the pads on
the board and both have the slant-cut lead pointing to the center of the
board - which should I use?

73,
Bob, WO3E

PS: It's great to bebuilding again, but DANG - these modern   parts are
small!

Re: N-GEN noise generator question

Robert Friess
Hi Bob,

It makes no difference.  The device is symmetrical when rotated.  The two
leads that become reversed are both ground.

73,
Bob, N6CM