N8BX Knobs. Another FS Set

Bob-270
Well Phil sold his pretty quickly so I'll put mine up with the same offer.

Original style set for the K3.   $100 shipped.

As new condition.  Why?   I liked the feel of the originals but upon seeing the
new version had a nostalgia attack.   Reminded me of the Heath SB series I had
and the Collins S line I wanted.

73,
Bob
K2TK  ex KN2TKR (1956) & K2TKR

Have been sold.Thank you!

Phil

Philip LaMarche

Re: N8BX Knobs. Another FS Set

Hisashi T Fujinaka
Hey, can I ask what these knobs are? I'm pretty new to the K3 (thought
my K2 would be all I ever needed but boy was I wrong). :)

On Sat, 26 May 2012, Bob wrote:

> Well Phil sold his pretty quickly so I'll put mine up with the same offer.
>
> Original style set for the K3.   $100 shipped.
>
> As new condition.  Why?   I liked the feel of the originals but upon seeing the
> new version had a nostalgia attack.   Reminded me of the Heath SB series I had
> and the Collins S line I wanted.
>
> 73,
> Bob
> K2TK  ex KN2TKR (1956) & K2TKR
>

> Have been sold.Thank you!
>
> Phil
>
> Philip LaMarche

Hisashi T Fujinaka - [hidden email]

K3 HEAVY Knobs ???

hf4me
WHY?  Set your knobs for very little or no drag at all.  Why replace them
with non-standard knobs so you can spin them?  Mine spin very well when
needed.  I turn my knobs with one finger riding on the outside edge of the
knob and tuning does not place virtually any pressure on the knob at all.
This requires that there is no turning friction on the rotation of the knob.
I set my knobs that way when I built my radio.  I don't need heavy knobs to
spin them.

What is it I don't understand about the problem that required heavy knobs?
I have never understood the heavy knob threads.

73, de Jim KG0KP

Re: N8BX Knobs. Another FS Set

Jim Rhodes-2
Check them out at www.73cnc.com. Very nice looking knobs with some weight
to them for those rapid freq changes.

Jim K0XU Sent from my Xoom tablet
On May 27, 2012 12:11 AM, "Hisashi T Fujinaka" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey, can I ask what these knobs are? I'm pretty new to the K3 (thought
> my K2 would be all I ever needed but boy was I wrong). :)
>
> On Sat, 26 May 2012, Bob wrote:
>
> > Well Phil sold his pretty quickly so I'll put mine up with the same
> offer.
> >
> > Original style set for the K3.   $100 shipped.
> >
> > As new condition.  Why?   I liked the feel of the originals but upon
> seeing the
> > new version had a nostalgia attack.   Reminded me of the Heath SB series
> I had
> > and the Collins S line I wanted.
> >
> > 73,
> > Bob
> > K2TK  ex KN2TKR (1956) & K2TKR
> >

> > Have been sold.Thank you!
> >
> > Phil
> >
> > Philip LaMarche

> > Post: mailto:[hidden email]

> Hisashi T Fujinaka - [hidden email]
> BSEE(6/86) + BSChem(3/95) + BAEnglish(8/95) + MSCS(8/03) + $2.50 = latte

Re: K3 HEAVY Knobs ???

Rick Dettinger-3
In my case, I don't like the heavier knobs so that I can spin them.  I
don't think that I have done that since the mid 1950's, when we got
chased out of C&G Electronics in Tacoma for seeing who could spin the
slide rule knobs hard enough to move the pointer all the way across
the dial!  Instead, I like the "feel" of the heavier knobs.  It is
easier to stop at just the right spot, and when the fingers move away
from the knob it is more likely not to move.  A moment of inertia
thing.  Probably, the more finger coordination, the less this
matters.  But, I did find that it was easier to tune my K1 with 150
Khz tuning range when I installed a K2 knob, reamed to 1/4 inch shaft
size.

  73,
Rick Dettinger  K7MW