NAQCC WEEKNIGHT 80-METER SPRINT

Larry Makoski W2LJ
For full details - please visit:
http://www.arm-tek.net/~yoel/sprint_0205.html

NAQCC WEEKNIGHT 80-METER SPRINT
With STRAIGHT KEY and BUG BONUSES and an MPW Award

RULES:
Date and time:
Wednesday, Feb. 16, 0130Z to 0530Z
- or in Eastern Standard Time -
Tuesday, Feb. 15, 8:30 p.m. to Wednesday, Feb. 16, 12:30 a.m.

General: Work stations only once. Operate CW only, 80 Meters. Work one
of the following 2 hour periods of your choice in the 4 hour time frame:
0130-0330, 0230-0430, or 0330-0530.

All licensed amateurs are invited to participate, but only those
operating QRP (5 watts or less) are eligible for awards.
Any type of key or computer keying can be used, but users of straight
keys or bugs are awarded a bonus.

Suggested frequencies: 3.555-3.565 and 3.705-3.715 for slow speed. Be
considerate of FISTS operating on 3.558. Also check near 3.579 for Color
burst crystal QRPp stations.

Call: CQ NA

Exchange: RST - SPC (State Province or Country) - NAQCC Nr.
(non-Members send power level in place of NAQCC Nr.)

QSO Points: Member, 2 points. Non-member, 1 point.

Multipliers:
For USA/VE stations:
States and Canadian Provinces - 1 multiplier each.
North American Countries (excluding USA and Canada) - 2 multipliers each.
Countries outside NA - 3 multipliers each.

For non-USA/VE stations:
Own country - 1 multiplier.
All other countries except USA/VE - 2 multipliers each.
USA states and VE provinces - 2 multipliers each.

Extra Bonus: If you use only a straight key for the entire sprint,
multiply your final score by 2. If you use only a bug for the entire
sprint, multiply your final score by 1.5.

Log and Summary Info: Log must contain one line for each QSO containing
the following info:
YOUR CALL - QSO NUMBER - TIME - STATION WORKED - HIS SPC - HIS NR OR
POWER - INDICATION OF A NEW SPC (# OR SPC NAME) - POINTS (2 OR 1)

Send log and score in plain text to KB3LFC

E-mail: tom_email (1K) You must type that address into your email
program. No attachments - keep the log and score in the body of the message.

Postal mail: Tom Mitchell, KB3LFC, RD6 Box 122A, Kittanning, PA 16201
All entries must be postmarked or email dated before February 22, 2005.

Why a straight key bonus and such an odd starting time?
Well, we like doing things differently in the NAQCC. We believe both of
those ideas are unique among the sprints now held by several of the
myriad QRP clubs now in existence. According to a poll, the club being
CW only and having unique features are the main reasons hams are joining
in bunches. We intend to honor the wishes of our members.

Why an 80-Meter Sprint on a weeknight?
First, the idea is to promote the use of the 80-meter band, especially
with the continuing drop in the sun spot cycle that is bringing better
conditions to 80 (and 160) meters. Second, holding a sprint on a weekday
evening is a little different, and that's in keeping with the spirit of
the club - we are different! Also, some ops may have their weekends
devoted to other activities (we can't imagine what, but there may be
something that takes priority over amateur radio).

We hope you enjoy this very different Sprint. Top three scores will
receive a certificate free of charge, as well as the top MPW QSO.