Need plans for building small baluns for using balanced feedline with a K1

Need plans for building small baluns for using balanced feedline with a K1

George Averill
I know I should be able to find this information someplace, but so far I haven't come up with it, and I am sure someone has already designed these.  I would appreciate it if you would send me the plans.  Please send to my email [hidden email] so I will be sure to get it.  I am getting way to many emails at present, and some gets lost in the shuffle.

72, George

Re: Need plans for building small baluns for using balanced feedline with a K1

Nr4c
I recommend the Elecraft site for manual for the BL1 or BL2 BALUNs they
sell.  Or just buy one of them.  The BL2 is switchable from 1:1 to 4:1
and is small, and very well designed.  I tested mine on a high end
vector analyzer and it is flat from 160-6meters and beyond.  Handles my
K3/100 and Kenwood TS-520S very well.

...bc

On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 23:27:26 -0500, George Averill wrote:

> I know I should be able to find this information someplace, but so
> far I haven't come up with it, and I am sure someone has already
> designed these.  I would appreciate it if you would send me the
> plans.
> Please send to my email [hidden email] so I will be sure to get it.
> I am getting way to many emails at present, and some gets lost in the
> shuffle.
>
> 72, George

Re: Need plans for building small baluns for using balanced feedline with a K1

Ray Cadmus
Check out N5ESE's site:

http://www.n5ese.com/gizmo.htm

Lots of neat stuff!

73,

ray    W0PFO

-

On 02/22/2012 10:27 PM, George Averill wrote:
> I know I should be able to find this information someplace, but so far I haven't come up with it, and I am sure someone has already designed these.  I would appreciate it if you would send me the plans.  Please send to my email [hidden email] so I will be sure to get it.  I am getting way to many emails at present, and some gets lost in the shuffle.
>
> 72, George

Re: Need plans for building small baluns for using balanced feedline with a K1

Les Gasser W9XC
Re: baluns for the K1 (and in general):

WB6ZQZ's triple ratio balun (original source for the Buddipole TRB design)
http://www.antennalaunchers.com/trb/index.html

K6LMP's six-ratio balun design:
http://www.k6lmp.us/K6LMP/Sextuple_Ratio_Balun_for_Buddipole.html

Other homebrew balun design/construction notes:

www.njqrp.org/balun/Balun%20Manual%20-%20final.pdf
www.n0ss.net/qrp_4-1_guanella-type_balun.pdf
www.qsl.net/n1lo/n1lobaln.pdf

They're real easy to build.

- Les, W9Xc

Re: Need plans for building small baluns for using balanced feedline with a K1

Ingo Meyer, DK3RED
Hello George,

> I know I should be able to find this information someplace, but so far I haven't come up with it, and I am sure someone has already designed these.  I would appreciate it if you would send me the plans.  Please send to my email [hidden email] so I will be sure to get it.  I am getting way to many emails at present, and some gets lost in the shuffle.

Look at http://www.njqrp.org/balun and the PDF file with the construction manual (based on
Charles Greene W1CG).

73/72 de Ingo, DK3RED - Don't forget: the fun is the power!
        www.qrp4fun.de - [hidden email]