New Beta

Jim-168

Just loaded MCU 3.03 and DSP1 & 2.. 2.10.

Went without a hitch.

73 de KE4WY Jim

Re: New Beta

Dave, G4AON
I've been fortunate to be able to test a pre-release of 3.01/02 and 03,
I think you will find it well worth using. For me the better control of
peaks on SSB is great when driving my Acom linear that only needs around
25 Watts.

"Enjoy" as some would say.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80

Re: New Beta

Bruce Rattray
If I was to order a K3 "stock", would I be able to, after assembling, plug
it in and put it on the air? - and if I did, what K3 environment would I be
operating with? - tnx 73 Bruce ve5rc.

Re: New Beta

k0wa@swbell.net
Bruce,

The short answer is "yes."  Now, having said that, there are some alignment procedures you have to do once it is assembled.  They are fairly minimal, but they have to be done.  Once I had mine together, it took me another hour of fiddling with the rig - reading the book and understanding what they were talking about - to get it on the air.  No trouble since.  I've gone through many up dates and just updated a few minutes ago to the latest firmware.

I am not sure what you mean by environment, but I am sure you would have the latest firmware release other than the "beta" releases.  I am not sure where they in the "official" release, but the rig would work.  They do ship with with a working release, it might not be the latest gee-whiz release, but it will work FB,

It has been a grand time with my K3 which I have had for a year now.

73
Lee
K0WA

The New Kansas QSO Party - August 29, Sat 9am-9pm and August 30 Sun 9am-3pm CDT

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common Sense divine?