New K1 Arrived.

Daniel-28
Back in 2000, I ordered a K2, SN: 847, as my first Kit and went together fine. I had a great time with it and a few years ago, I decided to sell it. Since building my K2, I got other kits from a few different places and all went together just fine too.

Now, the military moved me to Germany and I ended up putting everything into storage. I've had an itch to build another QRP rig so I decided to get a K1 (#2802). It just arrived in the mail today and now I'm excited to get started. Looks like a pretty good radio.

Now that I'm looking over the reflector again, after so many years, I'm almost tempted in getting a K3 (and maybe another K2)... But I think I'll stick to the K1 for now. I've been wanting to get back into CW for a long time and I'm looking forward to getting into it some more. It'll be a nice day when the K1 comes alive.

~Dan
W4ABN

Re: New K1 Arrived.

w7aqk
Hi Dan,

As long as you are a CW fan, the K1 will do a very nice job for you.  It's
small, but very capable.  Hopefully you opted for the 4 band version, but
perhaps just a couple of bands are sufficient.  That's the biggest decision
when buying a K1.  I'd suggest adding the noise blanker and the backlight
options too.  Whether you add the ATU is a personal preference, and you may
have something that will do the job if necessary.  But the ATU is very
good--just not critical.  If you can get a decent antenna up in the air, you
should be able to make lots of contacts.

Good luck with the build!

Dave W7AQK