New K1

mike sullivan

A new K1(sn2856) just completed to join the party this weekend! Many thanks to all on this list, and those that have posted mods for the K1 on line. Some parts were tweaked for the AGC, band span etc.
 Anyone thinking of building one, DO IT!! Great kit and do not be worried about the toroid winding, you can do it if I can. Email me direct if you are thinking of building this kit and I will try to push you over the edge HI HI, and give you very fresh thoughts on building one.
  Now the only problem, do I use the K1 or the K3 for the party this weekend?

Mike Sullivan
73 W5EEA

Re: New K1

Mike Markowski-2
Congrats Mike!  Here's a fun K1 story for you.  I just returned from US
Army Fort Monmouth, NJ and while there I was able to hook up my K1 to
the MARS shack's 700' long rhombic (~2000' of wire) pointed at Europe.
On my first day and in a two hour non-contest sitting I qso'd with 10
countries and all at 3W to 5W on the K1 - and even broke through a pile
up or two!  My K1 is feeling a little underworked back on my dipole.
Wish I could have brought that antenna back with me, though it would be
a little tricky...

Have fun with your new rig.  73,
Mike ab3ap