New KRC2 download utility and V1.2 firmware now on Elecraft web page

New KRC2 download utility and V1.2 firmware now on Elecraft web page

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
I've uploaded our new KRC2 download utility for Windows and the latest
KRC2 firmware hex files for the V1.2 KRC2 and KRC2ACC code to the
Elecraft web page.

See http://www.elecraft.com/K2_Manual_Download_Page.htm#krc2

73,
Eric

Re: New KRC2 download utility and V1.2 firmware now on Elecraft web page

Darrell Bellerive
How does one download the firmware to the KRC2 if one does not use Windows as
an operating system?

--
Darrell Bellerive
Amateur Radio Stations: VA7TO, VE7CLA

Re: New KRC2 download utility and V1.2 firmware now on Elecraft web page

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
It can also be done manually by copying the hex file to the KRC2 with an
ASCII terminal program via your system's serial port. It will require
you to set your terminal program to delay approximately 200 ms after
each carriage return.

Some additional command strings need to be added to the beginning of the
hex file (using a text editor) or sent manually to put the KRC2 into
download mode. I'll put together a short instruction sheet and get it up
on the web page in the next couple of days.

73, Eric

Darrell Bellerive wrote:
> How does one download the firmware to the KRC2 if one does not use Windows as
> an operating system?

Re: New KRC2 download utility and V1.2 firmware now on Elecraft web page

Jack Brindle
As a followup to Darrell's question, the KRC2 updates have always been
downloadable using a terminal program. In fact, I do this regularly on
my Macintosh system for testing. If anyone needs the directions, we can
certainly post them.

And if you really want to dive in and write a program on your favorite
operating system to perform this task, drop me a note. I'm sure we can
figure something out. Downloading is not complicated...

On Jan 29, 2005, at 7:12 PM, Darrell Bellerive wrote:

> How does one download the firmware to the KRC2 if one does not use
> Windows as
> an operating system?

- Jack Brindle, W6FB

Re: New KRC2 download utility and V1.2 firmware now on Elecraft web page

Darrell Bellerive
Awesome! Thanks for thinking of us non-Windows users.